Sensory Friendly Day
Join us for our first ever Sensory Friendly Day on Tuesday, June 16 from 10:30 am - 2:30pm. This event is designed to provide a more comfortable and sensory friendly theme park experience for children and adults living with Autism.
The park is proud to be a Certified Autism Center providing both resources and tools for guests living with autism.
Friends and family of the autism community will enjoy a more serene and positive experience throughout the Sensory Friendly Day to ensure an optimum experience at the Thrill Capital of New England. All attendees are encouraged to wear the color blue as a way to show support and awareness for the autism community.
Specialized programs running thoughout the event:
- A quite zone in the Rockville Gymnasium
- Reading and plush snuggle area in Relaxation Station located in Looney Tunes Movie Town
- Relaxing nature sounds will be played throughout the park to minimize loud noises No character meet and greets or characters on park midways
- Touch and play area with sensory friendly items (Play dough, spinners, blocks….)
- Ribbons sold to benefit Autism Speaks for $1
- Onsite educators and trained professionals to assist families and children within the autism community
The event is included with park admission and is open to the public.
Discounted tickets are available for $33.00.
To learn more, contact Jennifer Romero at [email protected].