Ever wonder what the animals do at night? Wonder no more with our overnight adventure. Crafts, games, animals, movies under the stars and s’more. Wake up to the alarm of a lion’s roar, enjoy breakfast with giraffes and enjoy a tour on our off road vehicles. Perfect for a group or scouts event!
It's a wild good time, but don't take it from us:"This past weekend we camped out overnight in the Safari at Great Adventure! It's honestly one of the best events/attractions I've done at the park! They have the most amazing staff out of the entire park, as well. The event includes animal meet & greets, Giraffe feedings, an early morning SORA ride, and obviously camping overnight in Camp Aventura! " - Matt K.
- May 29-30
- June 19-20
- July 10-11 (21+ overnight)
- July 31 - August 1
- August 7-8
- September 11-12
Members: $89.99 +tax per person
Season Pass Holders: $99.99 +tax per person
Regular $119.99 +tax per person
Your overnight includes
- Food: Dinner, soft drinks, snacks, s'mores, continental breakfast
- Animal presentation
- Crafts and activities
- Movie under the stars
- Safari tour
- Giraffe feeding
- Theme park admission for non-members or non-season pass holders
All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- Ages 5 and up for general overnight dates. No one under 5 will be permitted
- 21 years old with valid ID for 21+ overnight (July 10-11)
- There must be a 5 children to 1 adult ratio
5:30 – 6:00pm Check-in at Guest Drop off
6:00 – 6:30pm- Your vehicle will be escorted into our Safari near Camp Aventura to park
6:30 – 7:30pm Tent set up, dinner and overnight orientation
7:30 – 8:00pm Animal presentations and meet & greets
8:00 – 9:00pm Activities/Crafts
9:00 – 10:30pm Movie, camp fire and s’mores
11:00pm Lights Out
6:45am – Wake up & pack up
7:15 – 8:00am Breakfast
8:00 – 8:30am Giraffe feeding
8:30 – 10:00am Safari Tour
10:00 – 10:30am Gift shop is open
10:30 - Your vehicle will be escorted back to the main parking lot
What To Bring
- Completed waivers for everyone in your group
- Tent that fits your entire group with stakes. No tents will be provided. Space is limited. Please be considerate about your tent size so we can fit all tents.
- Sleeping bags
- Battery powered air compressor
- Air mattress or foam pad
- Clothes for the next day
- Bug Spray
- Charged cell phone
- Flashlight or other battery operated light
Here are some of the activities that might be a part of your overnight:
- Animal themed arts and crafts
- Sensory observations- with the lights out how do your other senses adjust?
- Lawn games
- Animal themed games
How to Book and Payment
General: Booking is on a first come first serve basis and spots are limited on each date. Book online for your desired date. Payment is due at time of booking via credit card.
- Please make sure to provide your e-mail address as this will be the main way of exchanging important information.
- Please include your cell phone number in case we need to call you while you are in route to your overnight
Groups over 40: You can book a private overnight for just your group. Please contact Safari Programs Team about scheduling a date for your exclusive event. We can cater the activities and movies to better suit your needs. If one person is in charge of booking they will need to provide before the scheduled overnight:
- A list of names of all who are participating
- Phone numbers and e-mail address for all adults
- Who has Memberships or Season Passes vs. general admission
- Kids ages
- A $1,000 deposit to reserve the date
Scouts: You have two ways of booking.
- Enjoy any of the available dates (excluding 21+ events) and book online or by contacting Safari Programs for other booking options
- Have you own private Scouts' night with over 40 participants. See groups over 40 instructions above.
After you booked your overnight
- Print your tickets and hold on to them
- A confirmation e-mail from Safari Programs Team will be sent. Please allow up to a week to receive this e-mail.
- We will be looking for the following information
- Ages of any children attending
- Dietary restrictions
- We will be looking for the following information
- If you have questions prior to this e-mail please don't hesitate to e-mail [email protected] or call 732-928-2000 ext 2221
- An e-mail regarding details to your overnight will be sent at least one week prior to your scheduled date. This will go over any further instructions, the staff that will be working, and the plan of activities.
Cancellations and Reschedules
Any cancelations or reschedules will need to be done at least two weeks prior to your scheduled overnight. Rescheduling is subject to availability. If there are no dates available, you will be given a credit for the following season. If you need to cancel your overnight program, a full refund may not be granted. If Six Flags Great Adventure cancels an overnight, you will be given the option for a full refund, a new overnight date, or a credit for the following season. Please see our Severe Weather Policy.
This program is 100% outside and can run in light rain depending on the timing. If it is forecasted that heavy rain or thunderstorms are greater than 50% chance for any portion of the program, it will be canceled. The decision will be made by 10:00 am the day prior to your overnight. You will receive an e-mail or phone call and will be given three options: a full refund, a new overnight date, or a credit for the following season.
Arriving Late or Early
- If you know in advance that you are not going to make it to check-in, please call or e-mail Safari Programs so arrangements can be made.
- If you are stuck in traffic or running late, follow the instructions given to you in the information e-mail about who to call
- If you need to leave early the following morning, please make Safari Programs staff aware as soon as possible so arrangments can be made.
- The camp site is in the middle of the Safari and access to and from is extremely limited.
- Arriving late or leaving early is strongly discouraged.
*There will be no refunds given for any part of the program not attended
When can I use the included theme park tickets?
The tickets are good for a one-time use on either of the overnight dates. They may be picked up at Guest Relations located to the left at the main gate.
Please note: If you are going to the theme park the day of, allow yourself time to get to the check in area.
What exactly is Camp Aventura?
Camp Aventura is a walk around animal area that is home to parrots, exotic reptiles, giant anteater, two-toed sloth, skunk, barn owls, farm animals and our giraffe feeds. This area is the half way mark of the Safari off Road Adventure tour and is in the middle of Safari. This is open to the public on daily operating days. For the overnight program, guest will be leaving as you are arriving and arriving the next morning as you’re leaving.
Is there anything that is not allowed?
- Any electronic devices or appliances.
- Noise makers
- Pots and pans
- Bluetooth speakers/Boom boxes
- Hunting knives or anything equivalent
Are there bathrooms?
Yes. There are men and women public bathrooms with sinks. There are no showers. The bathrooms will be available all night and have a light right outside them.
Is there a smoking section?
Yes. It is right next to the bathroom. Even though the entire event is outdoors please only use the designated smoking area.
Can I bring my RV and sleep in there?
We cannot allow RVs at our camp site location.
Are you wheelchair accessible?
Yes. We have 2 trucks that can accommodate 2 wheelchairs per truck. We have safety straps to secure the wheelchairs. Unfortunately, we do not allow motorized scooters or wheelchairs. We do have wheelchairs that you can transfer to if necessary. Please inform us of anyone using a wheelchair so we can get the proper trucks ready.
How should I dress?
Dress for the weather taking into account the overnight temperature. Wear comfortable shoes (we recommend sneakers) that you don’t mind getting dirty. Hat and sunglasses are strongly suggested.
Are service animals allowed?
For the safety of your service animal and the safety of our animals, we do not allow service animals aboard the trucks or at Camp Aventura.
Can I touch the animals?
Certain animals are off limits to touch, but the Safari Programs staff will guide you to animals you are able to interact with!
Is there a place I can plug my electronics into?
There will be no electric access provided
I need a breathing machine, can I bring that?
Yes you can. Please tell the Safari Programs Staff about it before your overnight date.
Where will my car be parked? Will I have access to it?
Your car will be parked in a parking lot at the camping site.You will have access to it throughout the program. You will not be able to drive your car right up to your camping site.